- Best of Joy Infusion: Elders Michele Fire-River Heart 1:00:00
- Singer-Songwriter Ep. 50 – Blues George Macdonald 59:59
- Best of Arrhythmia: Cats Alive – A Non-Profit That Cares For Cats Michael Mehta 30:12
- Singer-Songwriter Ep. 49 – Eclectic George Macdonald 59:59
- Encore Episode: Bookmobile, Ep. 5 - The Trouble With Poets Naomi Wakan 29:20
- Best of Arrhythmia: Marine Conservation and Community-Level Decision-Making Michael Mehta 44:45
- Singer Songwriter Ep. 48 - By Water George Macdonald 59:47
- Encore Episode: Bookmobile, Ep. 4 – Gardening and Gardening Books Naomi Wakan 35:54
- Best of Arrhythmia: Intuitive Living and the Spiritual Journey Michael Mehta 59:53
- Singer-Songwriter Ep. 47 - By Road George Macdonald 59:58
- Encore Episode: Bookmobile, Ep. 3 – Don’t Quote Me Naomi Wakan 31:53
- Best of Arrhythmia: Fit after 50 Michael Mehta 45:16
- Singer-Songwriter, Ep. 46 - By Air and Rail George Macdonald 59:58
- Encore Episode: Bookmobile, Ep. 2 – Travel Writing Naomi Wakan 36:20
- Best of Arrhythmia: Aging on an Island Michael Mehta 45:32
- Singer-Songwriter, Ep. 45 - Covers George Macdonald 59:36
- Encore Episode: Bookmobile, Ep. 1 - The Poetry of Aging Naomi Wakan 28:49
- Rhythm Stick Freakshow, Ep. 39 - Friendship-7 Prof. Mariachi 1:00:00
- Singer-Songwriter, Ep. 44 - War and Politics George Macdonald 59:59
- Encore Episode: The Farmer's Table, Ep. 9 - Heirloom Seeds, Heritage Breeds Alexandria Stuart & Sean Enns 30.00
- Singer-Songwriter Ep. 43 - Eclectic George Macdonald 59.55
- Rhythm Stick Ep.38 - Suckerpunch Prof. Mariachi 1:00:01
- Singer-Songwriter, Ep. 42 - Relationships George Macdonald 59:58
- Encore Presentation: The Farmer's Table, Ep. 8 - Seed Sovereignty Alexandria Stuart & Sean Enns 30.00
- Rhythm Stick, Ep. 37 - Just Inside Prof. Mariachi 1:00:00
- Singer-Songwriter, Ep. 41 - Blues George Macdonald 58:34
- Arts on Board, Ep. 15 - Concert on the Green, Jessica Stuart, Remembering Antony Holland Frank Moher 36:11
- Arts on Board a la carte: Dixon Kenney and Concert on the Green Frank Moher 14:30
- Arts on Board a la carte: Jessica Stuart plays the Rollo Roost Frank Moher 11:01
- Arts on Board a la carte: Remembering Antony Holland Frank Moher 5:05
- The 60s Show, Ep. 7: Sock-Hop Special John Roman 01:10:22
- Encore Presentation: The Farmer's Table, Ep. 7 - Market Madness Alexandria Stuart & Sean Enns 30.00
- Singer-Songwriter, Ep. 40 - By Water George Macdonald 59.57
- Rhythm Stick, Ep. 36 - Rewrite Insight Prof. Mariachi 1:00:01
- Wildfires: An interview with Fire Chief Rick Jackson Frank Moher 13:08
- Live at the Surf, Ep. 4: Featuring John Gresham Steve Elder 58:12
- Gabriola Stories, Ep. 1: Early settlements, “Gabriola Roots: The Land Provides” Gabriola Museum 19:34
- Singer-Songwriter, Ep. 39 - By Road George Macdonald 59:40
- Rhythm Stick, Ep. 35 - Cooped Prof. Mariachi 1:00:00
- Gabriola Current, Ep. 1: Eco-Cottage Tear-Down, "Gabriola Roots: The Land Provides," Karma Yoga, A Tribute John Hague Tobi Elliott, Frank Moher, Nicholas Heather, Michele FireRiver-Heart 1:05:12
- Gabriola Current a la carte: Eco-Cottage Tear-Down Frank Moher
- Gabriola Current: "Gabriola Roots: The Land Provides" Tobi Elliott 13:25
- Gabriola Current: Karma Yoga Nicholas Heather 10:31
- Gabriola Current: A Tribute to John Hague Michele FireRiverHeart 12:53
- Live at the Surf, Ep. 3: Featuring Heather Macleod Steve Elder 45:02
- The Farmer's Table, Ep. 6: Where's the Beef? Alexandria Stuart & Sean Enns 29:59
- The 60s Show, Ep. 6: British Invasion II John Roman 1:24:59
- Rhythm Stick, Ep. 34 - XS-NRG Prof. Mariachi 1:00:1:00:0000
- Singer-Songwriter, Ep. 38: By Rail George Macdonald 59:59
Host and producer Michele Fire-River Heart shares with you the wisdom and stories from three of our Gabriola elders.
Grandfather Ken Holden a Metis Elder, who along with his wife Marianne Auger, shares their knowledge of Metis history, herbs and personal life experiences. Then Jean McLaren one of the original Raging Grannies. She’s an activist with hope, an artist, a singer and one of the happiest elders you’ll ever have the fortune to hear.
Then a chat with Jamie Lawrence, about some of the experiences, he and his wife Sally had as they co-created and amazing lifetime together. From the Chilkoot trail, to sailing around the world, his stories reveal a lifetime of exciting exploration. First posted Dec. 31, 2013.
Host Michael Mehta learns more about the important work of a local organization, Cats Alive.
Since 1996, Cats Alive volunteers on Gabriola Island, British Columbia, have been working tirelessly to love and care for cats in distress.
You will hear from people involved in Cats Alive and learn about their challenges, successes and dreams. Michael speaks with volunteers Debra Shogan and Jean Wyenberg and also Sabina Montgomery-Swan and her 9-year old daughter Samantha. Sabina’s family adopted recently two cats and share their experiences.
You will also hear from Cats Alive volunteer Liz Ciocea. First posted Nov. 17, 2013.
In the final episode of “Bookmobile,” Gabriola Island poet and essayist Naomi Wakan (also Nanaimo’s first Poet Laureate) offers her thoughts on what poetry is and does — or should do. We also get to hear more of her own work than, modestly, she has included before. Music: John Field’s Nocturne No. 5 in Bb, George Gao performing “Galloping Horses” in concert, and the Carolina Chocolate Drops “Cornbread and Butter Beans.” “Now that’s a sensible, everyday topic for a poem,” says Naomi. First posted Nov. 10, 2014.
Host Michael Mehta explores with guests a series of questions and issues surrounding local control of marine resources.
Topics include commercial harvesting practices of geoducks (also called the elephant trunk clam) and possible ecosystem impacts, oyster and clam harvesting by individuals and groups holding recreational tidal licenses, community empowerment and responsibility, and the role of marine conservation areas.
Guests include Sheila Nyman, John Campbell, and Sheila Malcolmson (Chair of the Islands Trust Council and Trustee for Gabriola Island).
* “The Gooey Duck” song by Fred Penner, Konzak/Elfendahl, Skyview Music Corporation, Fred Penner’s Place CD.
Arrhythmia’s theme music by Victor Anthony and logo by Michele Fire-River Heart. First posted Sept. 9, 2013.
In Episode 4, Gabriola poet and essayist Naomi Wakan (also Nanaimo’s first Poet Laureate) takes her spade to the subject of gardening, reads some gardening poetry by herself and others, and recommends some of her favourite books on the subject. With music by Pete Seeger, Gabriola’s Alison Humphries, and Simon and Garfunkel. Special thanks to Nathan Tinkham for recording this episode. First posted Oct. 8, 2014.
Host Michael Mehta explores with guests how to be fit after 50 years of age. Discussion focuses on the definition of fitness, how to stay motivated, setting realistic goals, challenges and setbacks, nutritional requirements, and a review of how people have been systematically de-skilled in terms of food preparation, choosing healthy options, and reading their own body’s signals.
Guests include Nancy Boyes (Owner of the Gym at Twin Beaches), personal trainer Lesley Standerwick, and nutritionist Nancy Laird. First posted on Sept. 2, 2013.
Arrhythmia’s theme music by Victor Anthony and logo by Michele Fire-River Heart.